We're looking for your comments on how to best organize the wiki's content.
| This page may be outdated, and may contain out of date game features.|
Please help us by.
The DCPU-16 is a 16-bit microcomputer that was popular in 1988. It is unknown when the computer was initially released, nor is it known by whom. The player will have one (or more) DCPU-16s on board their ship.
The DCPU-16 is emulated in 0x10c. It is still under development (although Notch mentioned almost being done). The current version of the DCPU-16 is 1.7.
The specifications for the DCPU-16 can be found here.
- Expected clock frequency: 100 kHz
- RAM: 128KB (128k octets, 64k 16-bit words)
- Eight general-purpose registers, almost fully symmetric. (The only difference is in the
STDcommands, which act as a
SETwhile incrementing and decrementing, respectively, I and J.)
- Immediate, Absolute, PC-relative, Indirect, Indirect-indexed, Stack addressing modes
- 16x16->32-bit hardware signed and unsigned multiplication (
MLI), 16-bit hardware signed and unsigned division (
DVI), no BCD, full 16-bit overflow register.
- 36 opcodes defined, room for more.
- No traps or MMU.
- Hardware/Software interrupt system. Capable of queuing 256 interrupts.
 External hardware
- Generic keyboard
- Generic Clock
- LEM1802 Display by Nya Elektriska
- M35FD 3.5" Floppy Disk Drive by Mackapar Media
- SPED-3 Suspended Particle Exciter Display by Mackapar Media
- Suspension Chamber 2000 by Nya Elektriska
- Room for 65,535 external hardware devices.
 3rd Party specification
Several people besides Notch have made suggested extensions to the DCPU-16. These are not recognized officially by Mojang or by Notch, and Notch has discouraged fans of 0x10^c from contributing additional specifications for now.
- HMD2043 Media Drive by Harold Innovation Technologies
- HMU1440 floppy - 1.44 MB 3.5" Harold Media Unit
It is unknown who manufactured the DCPU-16. It is possible that it was an open standard, and different companies produced their own clones of it.
 Version History
- DCPU-16 version 1.0 - Released March 28, 2012
- DCPU-16 version 1.1 - Released April 24, 2012
- DCPU-16 version 1.2 - unreleased version(?)
- DCPU-16 version 1.3 - Released April 25, 2012
- DCPU-16 version 1.4 - Released April 25, 2012
- DCPU-16 version 1.5 - Released April 26, 2012
- DCPU-16 version 1.6 - unreleased version(?)
- DCPU-16 version 1.7 - Released April 27, 2012
 See also
- ↑ https://twitter.com/#!/notch/status/195512500081532928
- ↑ https://twitter.com/#!/notch/status/187448902314762240
- ↑ http://notch.tumblr.com/post/20056289891/start-classified-transmission
- ↑ http://www.reddit.com/r/dcpu16/comments/sqfre/rfe_dcpu16_11/
- ↑ http://www.reddit.com/r/dcpu16/comments/sripk/rfe_dcpu16_v13/
- ↑ http://www.reddit.com/r/dcpu16/comments/ssiq2/release_candidate_1/
- ↑ http://www.reddit.com/r/dcpu16/comments/stf82/rfe_dcpu16_v15/
- ↑ http://www.reddit.com/r/dcpu16/comments/sv4bv/dcpu16_17/