We're looking for your comments on how to best organize the wiki's content.
The [/index.php?title=Talk:Main_Page&offset=20120408230311&lqt_mustshow=23 highlighted comment] was created in this revision.
The sooner we decide on a content "structure" the better. Now, I know this game is still pre-alpha and info is scarce, but we should still decide on a structure and rather amend it later if need be. We need to ask ourselves:
- What kind of articles will be written?
- What kind of categories will cover these topics?
- How should the category hierarchy look?
- Do we need additional namespaces for certain things (namespaces are the prefixes in some titles, like Template, Project, File, etc)?
- How will categorization be done? Will people have to manually add them, or should they be added to articles with templates?
I don't have much to say about structure, but I do have something to say about tone.
There are two tones that an article can have. For informative articles (such as those reporting factual information such as registers, opcodes, etc), the tone should be descriptive and avoiding idioms such as "you" and "we". However for "tutorials", the writing should engage and involve the reader, since it's designed for guidance. I admit that my articles blur the lines between descriptive and tutorial, so they'll need some refining.